cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Washeim <esa...@canuck.com>
Subject Re: How to reduce the size of XSP classes?
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 12:36:58 GMT
on 7/7/00 1:57 pm, Ulrich Mayring at ulim@denic.de wrote:

> Hugues Marilleau wrote:
>>
>> Maybe you can split your XML file into differents parts and reassemble it ?
>> It is not very elegant, but if it works ...
>
> Well, that means I cannot use XML files larger than 20 KBytes with the
> XSP processor (about 20K XML and cocoon's XSP overhead add up to 64K in
> my case). That would be bad news indeed. I cannot possibly split up all
> of our XML files that are larger than 20 KB.
>
> Ulrich

Can I ask what the nature of the content is?

It seems that you might only require some number of elements for any given
view. Hence, you could take an approach like xinclude does, and treat only
those nodes required for a given view?

Or, do you really have 20KB of text to display? Our average article and all
it associated text (xml) are rarely more than 1 to 2 KB....

--
Mark (Poetaster) Washeim

that await translation.

Quem colorem habet sapientia?'