cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: permit quoting
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 17:27:56 GMT
> I am wondering if it would even be good to have this option of creating
> invalid XML. In Java many things like messing with pointers is simply
> not possible and I don't think it's a worse language for that. Rather
> the opposite, the code has less hard-to-find bugs and is more readable.
> Now, this is just my personal opinion, I really don't want to start a
> language holy war, it is just meant as an example for our world: do we
> really want people to create invalid XML? Or should we "gently force"
> them to things right?

Actually I think it's not a question about creation invalid XML
but passing escape characters!What has the output to do with XML?
Well, mostly it is HTML but not XML. And I want to affect the
output by this disabling of output escaping.

BTW: Can someone tell me when the 'right' sollution was posted since
the online search of the cocoon mailing list is still kind of...
offline ;-)
--
Torsten