cocoon-users mailing list archives

From mk...@rdg.boehringer-ingelheim.com
Subject RE: Cocoon and tamino
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:02:44 GMT
Matthias,

I was beginning to evaluate Tamino but it was only able to use it on NT.  I
prefer to use Linux so I am waiting to have that port in my hands late this
summer.  I expect to use XQL to access the database and leave it at that.
For a non DBA person this has a lot of advantages.  The big question in my
mind is one of performance.  Tamino is hierarchical based and may not
perform well, especially under heavy loading.  But then IBM mainframes have
used this for years.  I hope to link Tamino up with Cocoon II and have a
rockin setup.  I know this doesn't help much but I  thought I would share my
thoughts with you.

Mark Kolb
Lead System Analyst
203 798-4551