cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Henning von Bargen <H.vonBar...@Triestram-Partner.de>
Subject AW: AW: Querying joined tables with SQLProcessor
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 07:49:13 GMT
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> Von:	Donald Ball [SMTP:balld@webslingerZ.com]
> Gesendet am:	Montag, 3. Juli 2000 17:53
> An:	cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
> Betreff:	Re: AW: Querying joined tables with SQLProcessor
>
> On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Henning von Bargen wrote:
>
> > The approach is only usable for a small amount of data.
> > It would be better if one could nest queries in the sql processor or
taglib.
> > Another option (for Oracle users) is to use Oracle XSQL which supports
what
> > you need with nested queries.
>
> what syntax does oracle use when doing nested queries? I'm afraid all of
> my references to XSQL are stale now.
>
> - donald

Here is a simple example from XSQL 0.9.9.1:
It will only work with Oracle 8 with object option enabled AFAIK.

<xsql:query connection="demo" xmlns:xsql="urn:oracle-xsql">
  SELECT dname,
         CURSOR( SELECT ename,sal
                   FROM emp
                  WHERE emp.deptno = dept.deptno) as employees /* Column
Alias */
    FROM dept
   WHERE deptno = {@department}
</xsql:query>