cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: permit quoting
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:51:48 GMT
Mark Washeim wrote:

> Depends. If the javascript is dependant on the paths, then it's arguable
> that the paths should be kept with the js, not the xsl. If, as we do, you
> share those js files among xsl generated and non-xsl generated html files,
> then the maintenance requires that you keep what goes with the js, with the
> js, not the xsl....

Yeah, this case is a real pain. For example, what if you have different
languages and thus different-looking buttons? So sometimes the path in
the JavaScript must be .../german/button.gif and sometimes
.../english/button.gif. How do you solve this problem? Do you have
multiple copies of the Javascript?

I just use XSLT to generate the correct path to the button dynamically.
This is, of course, not an option if you also have static files. But in
my case it works, so I actually have just one Javascript, which is
dynamically transformed to suit the needs of all the different pages.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung