cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon and caching capabilities
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:43:56 GMT
Robin Green wrote:

> XSP incurs only a one-time overhead while the page is compiled

[...]

> By default, all XSP pages are assumed to have changed on every request, so
> nothing more needs to be added! :-)

This seems to be a contradiction. If all XSP pages are assumed to have
changed on every request, then they would be compiled every time, not
just the first time.

My impression is, if an XSP hasn't changed, it is taken from the cache
and executed again. If it has changed, then cocoon compiles it again. I
thought that the hasChanged() method was introduced to tell cocoon the
XSP page has changed, so it is compiled again.

AFAIK non-XSP pages are never cached. If they indeed are, then please
tell me where - at least in my repository there aren't any non-XSP
files.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring