cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: permit quoting
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:41:08 GMT
Robin Green wrote:

> I'm going to do a mini-style-taglib (a stylesheet that you call by
> xsl:import and xsl:call-template) to modularise this solution anyway, so
> email me if you want it.

I am wondering if it would even be good to have this option of creating
invalid XML. In Java many things like messing with pointers is simply
not possible and I don't think it's a worse language for that. Rather
the opposite, the code has less hard-to-find bugs and is more readable.
Now, this is just my personal opinion, I really don't want to start a
language holy war, it is just meant as an example for our world: do we
really want people to create invalid XML? Or should we "gently force"
them to things right?

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring