cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Hurrell <hurre...@hotmail.com>
Subject Need help with (Oracle -> SQLProcessor -> FOP -> PDF) Any example XML/XSL/DTD Files?
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 21:48:28 GMT
Hello.

I am running Apache 1.3.12, JServ 1.1.2, Cocoon kit 1.7.4 over Linux
2.2.14 and Oracle EE 8.0.5.

I have working bith a PDF letter XML/XSL/DTD pages working and also
similar pages that extract and format data from oracle. I am attempting
to "mash" the various files together without much success and so was
wondering if anyone had already done this and could offer a demo or
otherwise coherent example to the list.

I am looking to write a "mail merge" type of application that generates
a set of PDF letters from a selected set of oracle records. I have
written the record selection tool in CGI/Perl (XMLForms looks promising
for later) and can pass the list of record_id's into my Oracle XML
example to get the list of data however I don't know enough XML/XSL yet
to get these parts working together with the PDF files..

I started from cocoon and mailing list examples but now I am floundering
and looking for more help. I am a newbie at all things XML so hopefully
this makes sense.

Steve