cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: logging
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:35:49 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Torsten Curdt wrote:
> >
> > I need a logging facility. Is there one
> > in Cocoon I can use from within my Java
> > logic in the XSP pages?
>
> Hmmmm, not sure if XSP pages get access to the internal cocoon logging
> system.... but we should, any thought on this?

I don't know about for Cocoon 1, but for Cocoon 2 it should be doable.

We should set up a CocoonLogger class that either implements the logging
function, or passes them through to the Avalon Logger (If Cocoon is installed
as an Avalon Block).

The tricky part is not having many different instances of the Logger class
with the many different instances of the Cocoon servlet.  They could each
get a reference to the central logger....

I am not familiar enough with Cocoon 1.7.x architecture to propose a solution
on this mailing list.