cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: urgent: 1.7.5
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:58:38 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > repository of the
> > either! Shouldn't
> >
> > I'd just like to jump in here promote Kevin Burton's 'classman' tool
> > for managing CLASSPATHs. For example, to search all the jars in my
> > CLASSPATH for your missing class "ConfigurationsRepository":
> >
> > ~/java/classman$ classman --find ConfigurationsRepository
> > /home/jeff/java/lib/turbine.jar
> >       ConfigurationsRepository ->
> > org.apache.java.util.ConfigurationsRepository
> >
> > In turbine.jar, not turbine-pool.jar. Cool, no? :)
> >
> > The URL is http://relativity.yi.org/classman/
>
> This thing is cool! I'll check if can get it workin' under NT later on...
> ;-)
>
> Ok, back to my class problem:
> There is no turbine.jar in 1.7.5 just a turbine-pool.jar!
> Do I need to get the turbine distribution? Thought the turbine-pool.jar
> would have all I need?

Looks like someone forgot to update turbine-pool.jar. Check turbine
out from CVS
(CVSROOT=:pserver:anon@cvs.working-dogs.com:/products/cvs/turbine,
password=anon).

CLASSPATH variables are horrible things; they embody unchallenged
assumptions about code dependencies and are too easy to abuse. Might I
humbly suggest that developers reset their CLASSPATHs to only include
the bare minimum? (rt.jar, tools.jar, jaxp.jar, parser.jar).

--Jeff