cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mac Schwarz <mcsch...@phil.uni-erlangen.de>
Subject Re: connection pooling and 1.7.5
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:54:42 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > I don't know anything about Java, but the correct order of the jar's in
> > the CLASSPATH seems to be relevant sometimes, e.g. "Due to DOM level1
> > and DOM level2 incompatibilities, make sure that xerces.jar is located
> > before xml.jar since Xerces contains DOM2 (which is needed by Cocoon)
> > while ProjectX contains DOM1 (which will generate runtime exceptions
> > with Cocoon)." (snippet from the installation doc).
>
> I know... and as you can see xml.jar is below xerces.jar

Jepp, it was meant as an example only.

> I've noticed...
> 1. your jar are sorted alphabetically (except the tools.jar)
> 2. your stylebook.jar is missing

1. The CLASSPATH is constructed via the startup.sh/tomcat.sh shell
script on unix.

CLASSPATH=.
for i in ${TOMCAT_HOME}/lib/* ; do
  CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:$i
done

if [ -f ${JAVA_HOME}/lib/tools.jar ] ; then
   # We are probably in a JDK1.2 environment
   CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${JAVA_HOME}/lib/tools.jar
fi

I don't set it manually.

2. "The Ant and Stylebook packages are only used in the build system and
are not used by Cocoon at run-time. So you can safely ignore them in the
installation." (snippet from the install.html)

> > Maybe you should check the 'Install Case' document also.
> > <URL:http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/install-case.html>
>
> Checked that already... but 1.7.4 is running properly!
> I have problems with 1.7.5 and I guess it comes from
> turbine/the connection pool
> --
> Torsten

I don't use the connection pool yet so I don't now any further tips,
sorry!

	mac

--
Mac Schwarz / AERIA Projekt / Inst. f. Klassische Archaeologie
e-mail: mac@aeria.phil.uni-erlangen.de  / Tel.: 09131-85-24791