cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: logging
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:07:01 GMT
Yann wrote:

> Actually, if anybody has done it, I'd be interested to know about some
> standard XML logging DTD.
>
> Also, I'd like to know whether anybody used JMS for that purpose, i.e. log
> info by sending it as a message to other listeners, than carry on the work,
> while registered listeners can deal with the logging info (plot it on a
> graph, archive it in a DB or a flat file).
>
> Thanks for any food for thought,

In the Avalon server framework, we are moving toward such a system.  We will
also incorporate JMS for other forms of connections, but it isn't implemented
*yet*.

It will take some time, unless we can get volunteers to help out?  When we
are done, the system will rock--and guess what?  Cocoon2 will be able to be
integrated into the Avalon system seamlessly so that your code will be able
to access the Avalon logging system, JNDI system, JMS system, thread manager,
socket manager, and on and on....  In fact, Cocoon2 is built on the Avalon
architecture, so all this will be a perfect fit.

As for a standard logging DTD, I don't know of any.  We could generate our
own :).