cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Johnson <m...@phy.duke.edu>
Subject Add to successful install list
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2000 01:41:55 GMT
Hi all,

I noticed that no debian systems were listed at the bottom of the cocoon
install page, so I thought I'd add to the pool.

I've gotten cocoon 1.7.4 and 2.0alpha up on a number of debian machines
running under different jvms, probably more combos than I list below but
I haven't kept records. The setups below have all been verified today.

For those new to xml publishing under linux I >>highly<< recommend the
debian distribution (frozen or unstable), which has extensive support
for xml/sgml editing & publishing. I've set up redhat machines for some
of these tasks and I don't recommend the distribution for a newbie. (If
you know what you're doing it's not that difficult.)

Here's my list:

Operating System     Web Server    Servlet Engine   JVM

Cocoon 1.7.4
---------
Debian Potato (frozen)    Apache 1.3.9    Tomcat 3.1   IBM JDK 1.1.8
Debian Potato (frozen)    Apache 1.3.9    Tomcat 3.1   Sun JDK 1.2.2

Cocoon 2.0a1

Debian Potato (frozen)    Apache 1.3.9    Tomcat 3.1   Sun JDK 1.2.2
Debian Potato (frozen)    Apache 1.3.9    Tomcat 3.1   IBM JDK 1.3
(beta)

Debian Woody (unstable) Apache 1.3.12    Tomcat 3.1 IBM JDK 1.3 (beta)
Debian Woody (unstable) Apache 1.3.12    Tomcat 3.1 Sun JDK 1.2.2

Debian Woody (unstable) Apache 1.3.12    Tomcat 3.2b1  IBM JDK 1.3
(beta)

Cheers,
Mark