cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: How to reduce the size of XSP classes?
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 13:18:30 GMT
Mark Washeim wrote:

> Can I ask what the nature of the content is?

Yes, I am writing an XML-based email archive. When I have 125 email
subject lines on my overview page, then that equals about 20K XML code.
The XML file is smaller than the HTML page generated from it.

> It seems that you might only require some number of elements for any given
> view. Hence, you could take an approach like xinclude does, and treat only
> those nodes required for a given view?

Let's assume for this example that we want to have some very simple
logic, a counter, on every page. But we are not allowed to use the
XSPProcessor, because it will always try to compile. That leaves us with
the SQL Processor and the XInclude Processor. The first is out, because
I don't want to do all my logic in a database :-)

Perhaps there's some way to trick the XSPProcessor by using XInclude.

> Or, do you really have 20KB of text to display? Our average article and all
> it associated text (xml) are rarely more than 1 to 2 KB....

Perhaps you have no "Terms of Business"? ;-)

Seriously, our terms of business document is very large, just as an
example.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring