cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alex Muc <alex....@utoronto.ca>
Subject Cocoon 1.7.4, XSP and hasChanged
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 08:20:03 GMT
Hi,

The changes history says that Cocoon 1.7.3 included the ability to call
hasChanged(Object request) on an XSP.  I'm using Cocoon 1.7.4 and it
doesn't seem to work correctly.  Has this been changed back?  Being able
to check whether a page should be served from the cache or reprocessed
is very important.
For example, the following XSP page should print to Stdout every time
the hasChanged method is called, but for some reason it doesn't.
Can anyone tell me why this isn't working?
Below is the sample page.

Thanks
Alex

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="treeview-html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<xsp:page language="java"
     xmlns:util="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Util">

 <xsp:structure>
  <xsp:include>java.util.*</xsp:include>
  <xsp:include>java.sql.*</xsp:include>
 </xsp:structure>

 <xsp:logic><![CDATA[
   public boolean hasChanged (Object context) {
System.out.println("in treeview.xml hasChanged()");
    return false;
   }
  ]]>
 </xsp:logic>