cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject To contrib or not to contrib
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 08:09:12 GMT
An afterthought to Jeremy's message about his new taglib: I think that
his xfp rules, why don't we integrate it into cocoon? It is a
universally useful taglib and may in the future find friends even
outside of cocoon. It aims to solve a problem every XML workflow has.

A contrib directory is cool if you have heaps of 3rd party stuff, which
usually does things slightly outside the main product's focus. A perfect
candidate would be a Perl script that converts Unix mboxes to XML files.
It doesn't have much to do with cocoon (except for creating the cocoon
PIs in the XML), but it gives the cocoon developer the additional
feature of being able to build web-based mail archives - something which
vanilla cocoon1.x can't do sensibly.

So, until we have more contributions than we can handle, I propose to
keep things together and move Jeremy's taglib to
src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java - which is where I look
for new taglib features in every new cocoon release.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung