cocoon-users mailing list archives

From R Pradeep Sekar <pradeep.se...@citicorp.com>
Subject Re: Successful install: Cocoon1.7.4 on WinNT4sp6+JDK1.3+Apache1.3.12+JSDK2.0+JServ1.1.2
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 06:03:18 GMT
Just followed the installation manual!

Nothing special -
a. Just start off with a clean system with Apache installed.
   I run Apache as a service. I find this the cleanest.
b. Then put in JDK, JSDK (Delete your classpath if reqd!
   Else ensure that "." is part of the classpath).
c. Then put in JServ. Restart Apache. Verify using
   http://localhost/servlets/IsItWorking.
d. Then add cocoon. Follow the instructions carefully - many lines need
   to be added to many config files. Some are case sensitive too. But
   the instructions work.
e. Restart Apache and then try http://localhost/Cocoon.xml
f. You can then try out the samples that come with the cocoon package.

If it does not work (in my case JServ refused to start, but Apache
did!), try commenting out the lines you added to configuration files and
restart apache. You can then figure out which line caused the error.

If you require my config files, I can send them to you directly.

- Pradeep