cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mac Schwarz <mcsch...@phil.uni-erlangen.de>
Subject Cocoon, XSL and CSS
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2000 13:41:30 GMT
Hi,

I just can't figure out how to include CSS stylesheets with XSLT. After
playing around with my own files I tested the jakarta.apache.org example
in xml-cocoon/samples/sites/jakarta.apache.org from the Cocoon CVS since
I thought that would work well.

I'm using tomcat 3.1, Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition
(build 1.3.0-beta) and a Cocoon2 CVS checkout from yesterday on Solaris
8 x86.

I've got an tomcat context /cocoon with the docbaes
tomcat/webapps/cocoon and can access the welcome page or the Simple XSP
page for example. From the Cocoon CVS tree I copied the files
index-page.xml, page-html.xsl and style.css from
xml-cocoon/samples/sites/jakarta.apache.org into the cocoon context.
After setting up the sitemap for the index-page.xml

	<process uri="index-page.xml" source="index-page.xml">
        <generator name="file"/>
        <filter name="xslt">
          <parameter name="stylesheet" value="page-html.xsl"/>
        </filter>
        <serializer name="html">
          <parameter name="contentType" value="text/html"/>
        </serializer>
      </process>

I get the error 'Cocoon 2.0: Not Found' 'The requested URI
"/cocoon/style.css" was not found.' if I try to access the page.
Additional to the error messages above there's a
'PATH_INFO="/style.css"' comment in the source of the error page.

After removing the line
<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css"><!-- no not remove this comment
--></link>
in page-html.xsl the index-page.xml is displayed properly.

Unfortunately I haven't found any working example yet. However if I use
a stylesheet from my apache server e.g.
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.myserver.xy/style.css"><!-- no
not remove this comment --></link>

the CSS is prosessed. Any hints how to include the CSS correctly in a
XSL with Cocoon?

Regards,
	mac
--
Mac Schwarz / AERIA Projekt / Inst. f. Klassische Archaeologie
e-mail: mac@aeria.phil.uni-erlangen.de  / Tel.: 09131-85-24791