cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nägeli Margrit <margrit.naeg...@ecofin.ch>
Subject Pre-selected option in html form
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:08:52 GMT
I realise that my question is not directly cocoon-related, but seeing there
are so many xsl experts on this list, I just go ahead and ask it anyway.

I write a <form> which has a <select> element which contains various
<option> elements. One of these options (depending on selections in other
screens or db output) has to be pre-selected. In html, this is done by
specifying the valueless attribute "selected".

Valueless attributes are not allowed in xml, but the useragents cannot tell
the difference between selected="yes" and selected="no" yet.

Has anyone encountered and solved this problem?

Thank you

maggie