cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nägeli Margrit <margrit.naeg...@ecofin.ch>
Subject RE: Problem with HTML entities stored in a DB and ouput using Coc oon.
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:48:29 GMT
I had a similar problem with getting Umlaute through Cocoon (though not from
a DB).

To get &auml; (which is "ä") in my output, I have to have the corresponding
numeric entity &#0228; in my xml. Then I can treat it like any other text.

I know this is not an ideal solution (one day soon I'll have to think of
something to convert the actual characters from a DB into these numbers),
but for the moment it works.

Maybe it helps you, too. If you think of something better, I'd appreciate if
you gave me a hint.

Maggie

-----Original Message-----
From: Hugues Marilleau [mailto:huge@xenon.medisite.net]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2000 12:51 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Problem with HTML entities stored in a DB and ouput using
Cocoon.

Hi all,

Here is my problem :

I have some content stored in a DB (Postgresql) which contain HTML
entities (&egrave;, &icirc; ...). The entities are encoded like
"&amp;egrave;" during the Cocoon process so it is displayed in HTML
as "&egrave;". My schema is :

DB --> SQL taglib --> XSLT

I tried to locate where the encoding from &egrave; to &amp;egrave;
occured but failed to find it.

So I tried to put

<xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="yes" select="."/>

in the XSLT stylesheet but I've got a

<?xslt-next-is-raw formatter-to-dom?>

tag in my HTML page before the content with entities and always the
"&amp;egrave;".

Or, is it better to store "è" instead of "&egrave;" in the DB ?