cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nägeli Margrit <margrit.naeg...@ecofin.ch>
Subject RE: HTML and XSL
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 07:04:51 GMT
Good question! I dread the moment when I have to tell our web designer that
he will now have to style his pages in XSL instead of Dreamweaver.

Maybe this should be a faq: "How do I tell my designer ...?" ;)

maggie

-----Original Message-----
From: Isidoro Martinez [mailto:isidoro.martinez@expandedmedia.be]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 8:55 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: HTML and XSL

Hi,

I am new in this thing of Cocoon, event though I have some experience
with servlets, JSP,...
Maybe this is not the best place to make my questions, but I would
reallyb apreciate any help :-)

Ok, I can write my XSP and produce pretty XM files with all my data. In
the other hand, I
have a lot of fancy HTML editors that allow me to create nice layouts.
So, I would need to
define a XSL to transform my XML in my final HTML file. The question is:
if I can produce
easily the HTML, how can I obtain the XSL file? I guess somebody will
tell me that I should
start working with the XSL file and forget the HTML file. In this case,
do they exist visual tools
to make those design as in HTML?

Thanks a lot,

Isi,