cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: JSP and XSP Comparison
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:07:31 GMT
On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 09:35:21AM +0200, Michael Bierenfeld wrote:
> I do have to find some arguments why using
> XSP-Pages instead of JSP. Can somebody point out
> the major differences between JSP and XSP  ... and
> even better the major advantages of XSP !

Coo. Easy question, I like this type ;)

XSP generates an XML document tree, that is, it specifies what
information appears on the page, rather than how that information
looks. JSP pages include the formatting information inline, and
so specify the look and feel of the application as well as its
informational content.

Using XSP and XSLT, I can change the look and feel of an entire
site by editing a couple of <xsl:template>s.

HTH. If you need more, I can womble for *hours* about content
(and OO) abstraction and its many benefits.

Luminas Ltd.