cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alain Ketterlin <al...@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>
Subject Re: Cocoon + Apache + JServ
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2000 10:31:16 GMT

> i hove cocoon / jserv / apache installed on 3 machines with
> Win2k/WinNT and on all i have the same problem: I need to restart
> Apache 2 times to get Jserve and Cocoon work! Can someone explain me
> why so?

I have the same problem on a linux box. The solution I found was to:

1. stop apache (i mean `/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stop' on linux)
2. wait for all JVM processes to terminate
3. then restart apache

Step 2 can last up to ten seconds. I would also like to kow how to
avoid it. I guess JServ has to be stopped independantly (mod_jserv.log
shows error messages for each stop). I don't know how to do this.

(Unfortunately, the link to
http://www.servletcentral.com/1999-01/jserv.dchtml on Jserv's doc page
seems to be broken.)

-- Alain.