cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Olivier Richaud" <rich...@cstb.fr>
Subject Re: Installing Instructions for Resin.
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:44:40 GMT
I carrefully read your contribution, but it did not mention a way to make
resin works with Apache.

In the past, I tried to have resin work with cocoon, but it failed. Resin
could not handle post method with Cocoon (it complained there was no support
for post in Cocoon). have you ever experienced a similar behaviour. I think
I missed something at the time.

OFF-TOPIC:
The second issue I would like to raise is whether Resin is faster than
Tomcat, or not? I heard it is the case.

Thanks in advance.

Olivier Richaud
CSTB
office: +33 4 93 95 67 24
mobile: +33 6 87 52 53 17
www: http://cic.cstb.fr
----- Message d'origine -----
De : Francisco Jr. <fxjr@solar.com.br>
À : <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Envoyé : dimanche 16 juillet 2000 20:47
Objet : Installing Instructions for Resin.

> Hi all.
> This is my first contribution to Cocoon.
> I'm posting installing instructions for Resin.
> Please, let me know if they are confusing or something else.
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Sorry for taking so long.
>

> doc starts here.
> ------------------
>
> <s2 title="Installing Cocoon on Resin 1.1.x and 1.2">
> After you have obtained Cocoon distribution files you have to make Resin
aware of them.
> When starting Resin ( using httpd.sh for Unix or httpd.exe for Windows )
pass the location of .jar's Cocoon distribution as <em> httpd -cp
&lt;yourcocoonvariable&gt; %CLASSPATH%</em> on Windows or <em> httpd -cp
&lt;yourcocoonvariable&gt;:
locating all Cocoon components in the form:
<em>yourcocoonvariable=[path-to-cocoon]
> /cocoon.jar;[path-to-cocoon]/lib/Xerces_x_x_x.jar etc, etc</em>
> This variable will be passed to Java classpath before Resin own
components.
> This is necessary to put Xerces before Resin xml parser because there is
some incompatibilities when using Cocoon XSP with Resin's parser.
> <note>
> To see what parameters Resin is using, try start it with -verbose
parameter. Resin will show what it is doing and how it is initializing JVM
> </note>
>
> <note>
> Make sure you put Xerces_x_x_x.jar before Resin internal xml parser in
Java classpath as stated above. Otherwise you will have problems with XSP
because DOM incompatibilities of xml parsers.
> </note>

> Next you need to configure Resin to tell Cocoon where to find its
properties file and to map Cocoon to XML Documents.
> In resin.conf located on <em> [path-to-Resin]/conf </em> you have to add
the following:

urce><![CDATA[
> <servlet servlet-name='org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon' servlet- class='org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon'>

> <init-param>
> <param-name>properties</param-name>
> <param-value>[path-to- cocoon.properties]/cocoon.properties</param-value>

> </init-param>
> </servlet>
>
> <servlet-mapping url-pattern='*.xml' servlet- name='org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon'/>

> ]]></source>
> This must be put inside any servlet context you want use Cocoon. The servlet context
is defined by <code>&lt;web-app&gt; ... &lt;/web-app&gt;</code>.

> Servlet contexts also can be in a file called web.xml inside WEB- INF directory. Just
put the code above inside <code>&lt;web- app&gt; ... &lt;/web-app&gt;</code>
that is in the web.xml.

> For now, you don't need to change anything from cocoon.properties. You can
> later change the file for especific needs or operations.

> That's it! You have successfully configured Cocoon on Resin! To test it, start Resin

> as indicated above and try to access:
> <source>
> http://localhost:8080/cocoon.xml
> </source>
> If you configured Cocoon to use the root servlet context and Resin is listening on port
8080 or:
> <source>
> http://localhost:8080/[yourservletcontextname]/cocoon.xml
> </source>
> If you configured Cocoon to user a servlet context called 'yourservletcontextname'.
> You should see a screen showing Cocoon internal c
onfiguration values.