cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@supereva.it>
Subject Re: [ANN] FP TagLib
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:50:43 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 2:04 PM

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> > >FP.... hmmmm, using letter interpolation what about "FliP" as a name?
> >
> > >Just RT.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Before choosing a name, I want to think about the functionality.
> >
> > Some of the Tags are purely to do with XPath access to files, while the
> > others are to do with logic around HTTP Method.
> >
> > What I am thinking is to split this TagLib in two.
> >
> > The HTTP Logic Tags could go into the UTIL:TagLib
> >         (maybe there are other logic tests that would be useful too)
> >
> >         <util:if-post>
> >                 post logic
> >         </util:if-post>
> >
> >         <util:if-get>
> >                 get logic
> >         </util:if-get>
> >
> > While the XPath-File Access Tags could go into their own TagLib, giving it
> > a clearer, simpler purpose.
>
> Cool, I like this. Why not using the names
>
>  <http:post>
>  </http:post>
>  <http:get>
>  </http:get>
>
> > What does not fit into this scheme is the <fp:redirect/> tag, it does not
> > fit neatly into UTIL or an XPath TagLib, but needs access to Errors
> > generated by the XPath functionality as a redirect should only happen after
> > a POST with no errors.
> >
> > Hmmm.
>
> Expect lots of info about this coming off this weekend. Giacomo, Ricardo
> and I will be brainstorming at my place here in Italy.

Please see how all this fits with my forms proposal.
I'm working on it now and I would be happy to contribute.
Well, just in case, I'm just an hour away from you (Crema). :-)
I guess we will meet someday, my dentist is in Pavia!

nicola_ken

Nicola Ken Barozzi - AISA Industries S.p.A
http://www.aisaindustries.it/
Via Leonardo da Vinci,2 Ticengo (CR) Italy
Research Activity:
Politecnico di Milano - Dipartimento di Meccanica
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, n.32 - 20133 Milano (Italy)