cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@supereva.it>
Subject Re: Help Request: Sql taglib connection
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2000 16:24:06 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Donald Ball" <balld@webslingerZ.com>

> On 27 Jul 2000 david@frost.as wrote:
>
> > 1. Thanks Donald, the "invalid" Swedish characters in the column names
> > messed things up. When I replaced them, it worked. I thought it would
> > work thanks to unicode, but I guess not. Do you think the MS db is the
> > villain or does it take changes to Cocoon and/or the sql processor to
> > enable non-english column names?
>
> the sql logicsheet simply uses the strings returned by md.getColumnName
> when setting the element names - my guess it that the mistranslation is
> occuring at the ODBC layer or in the JDBC-ODBC bridge.
>
> you should always be able to alias strangely named columns using the 'AS'
> keyword.

Btw, I had a similar problem with column names with spaces, and I solved
it with 'AS' but the person that writes the queries is not very happy about
it...
Also, could you make it possible in the taglib to write queries in multiple
lines? Pleeeeeease :-)

nicola_ken

Nicola Ken Barozzi - AISA Industries S.p.A
http://www.aisaindustries.it/
Via Leonardo da Vinci,2 Ticengo (CR) Italy
Personal homepage at Java Guru:
http://www.jguru.com/jguru/guru/viewchannel.jsp?EID=39153
Personal FAQ at Java Guru:
http://www.jguru.com/jguru/guru/viewfaqs.jsp?EID=39153
Research Activity:
Politecnico di Milano - Dipartimento di Meccanica
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, n.32 - 20133 Milano (Italy)