cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ross Burton" <ross.bur...@mail.com>
Subject Re: XML to EXCEL????
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2000 19:26:23 GMT

> On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 08:46:49AM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> > I'm not sure (this is all a hunch - I'm in the wrong OS) but I've got a
> > feeling the Gnumeric (the Gnome spreadsheet) native format is XML.
>
> Yep, that's correct. Gzipped XML, generally, but it'll read uncompressed
> too...

While I was in Linux today I looked at the XML produced by Gnumeric - it's
very readable.  There does not appear to be a DTD (or  docs of any form) as
far as I can tell, but it is easy to work out.  I'm sure I sent a copy of
the file to my home email address but I do not have it - later I'll post a
sample.  Gnumeric also has a comprehensive CORBA interface to plug into and
script.

Ross Burton