cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Yann" <ylelo...@ims.ltd.uk>
Subject Re: Brainstorming: design question (XSLT)
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:50:48 GMT
Right, continuing on the design brainstorming, now I know I can redirect
XSLT results into various files, I have the definite following flow:

config.xml --> Parser+DB Query -->XML data -->XSLT--> N output files

Err... it looks to me that it is what Cocoon does perfectly well ;-)

In fact It could all be done using XSP tag lib and then my custom tags to
know which every record count I should redirect to another file.

So, if I want a standalone application with a GUI (so that a staff could
produce documents by selecting stylesheets and query defs) then all I need
surely is a Swing app that spawns a Cocoon instance and tell it to do the
work.

Even better, I could use a web-app (XSP pages) that take config information
from the user and redirect to a final XSP page that would do the
transformation and save the N output documents somewhere on the LAN. If I
used the Xalan redirection extension it should indeed work.

Wow, I feel this is the way to go. I just need... reassurance.

Yann.