cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Yann" <ylelo...@ims.ltd.uk>
Subject Re: logging
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:30:53 GMT
> It will take some time, unless we can get volunteers to help out?  When we
> are done, the system will rock--and guess what?  Cocoon2 will be able to
be
> integrated into the Avalon system seamlessly so that your code will be
able
> to access the Avalon logging system, JNDI system, JMS system, thread
manager,
> socket manager, and on and on....  In fact, Cocoon2 is built on the Avalon
> architecture, so all this will be a perfect fit.

This is all very exciting. Sorry to ask, but I am not familiar with Avalon:
1) Is it a J2EE compliant App Server?
2) Are the services you describe on top of J2EE as a "value added" thing?
3) Is it Open Source or is a product from a company in particular?

> As for a standard logging DTD, I don't know of any.  We could generate our
> own :).

Well, there is a www.xmllog.com site registered under construction.

Also, I just found that one: http://www.docuverse.com/xlf/

Groovy!