cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nick Talbott" <ni...@powys.gov.uk>
Subject Successful install with Slackware linux
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:10:36 GMT
Dear list

I don't see reference to the Slackware Linux distribution in the mail
archive, but forgive me if it's been reported before.  Just completed a
successful first-time installation with following components:

Slackware Linux 7.1 (Linux kernel 2.2.16)
Apache 1.3.12
Sun Java SDK 1.2.2
Sun Java Servlet Development Kit 2.0
Apache JServ 1.1.2
Cocoon 1.7.4

Pretty much a case of following the install notes with the packages, but I
do have a full record of every step starting from a raw install of Slackware
if anyone is interested.  I found getting JServ running took most effort,
but it was all done in an afternoon.

Regards

Nick Talbott
IT Policy and Strategy Manager, Powys County Council, UK

email nickt@powys.gov.uk
FAX +44 (0) 1597 824781
web http://www.powys.gov.uk and http://www.powysweb.co.uk