cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Alan Gustin" <agus...@insiteobjects.com>
Subject Splitting a request into multiple outputs
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 20:38:47 GMT
Hi, I am a newcomer to the list.
I looked thru the archives but could not find an answer to my question.

I want a producer to not only to provide the content for the page returned
to the user,
but conditionally, based upon the action taken by the user on the page
submitted, I want
the producer to include information to email to multiple addresses.

What I am trying to do is have my producer take the one document, and split
it into many and have the engine
process each one of them, and, based upon PI's from the producer, output
them in different ways.

At the present, the engine only sends back http response.   I was
considering modifying the code to allow the producer to return more
than one document fragment and how each one was to be output.

I suspect that I am approaching this all wrong and that someone can give me
an approach to this without modifying the code.