cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Xavier" <t.xav...@commence.com>
Subject RE: dynamic xml in two formats of presentation(html & pdf)
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 16:32:46 GMT
Hi,

 Same is the situation for me also.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Yao, Di [mailto:dyao@profilesys.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2000 11:00 AM
To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: dynamic xml in two formats of presentation(html & pdf)

Sudhi,
Thanks. You are right, there are so many ways to do that. However,
currently, I have my whole project up and running which is totally based on
servlets. I only want to incorporate the cocoon facility to a part of the
project.
The project has its own user identification system which will work on all
the servlet requests. My boss prefers not to break the architecture. So I
think it might be better to produce xml using servlets.
However, all the samples I saw in the cocoon talks about retrieving xml
files from some directory. Is there a way to get around that? I mean if I
can make cocoon process the xml just generated by the servlet?
Seems it's another newbie question.  I am sure you can help.:-)
yaodi