cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: User defined presentation template
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:45:21 GMT
At 14:46 +0200 13/06/00, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>Mariusz Nowostawski wrote:
>
>> ps2.
>> I (also) found the lack of the option to turn off the Cocoon comment on
>> each generated page not-that-nice.  At least for output type text/plain it
>> should be skipped by default - yeah, I can always patch cocoon all over
>> again as the versions are showing up, but..
>
>We'll make it more friendly behaving in Cocoon2, but I won't write a
>"turn-off-the-comment" feature so that I can go outthere and see if you
>are using Cocoon or not :)
>
>Consider it a way to pay off, a sort of cocoon-watermark on your page
>that increases the Cocoon visibility as a whole.

I totally agree with this sentiment, but sometimes that comment will break
a client .... it's happened to me ....

It would be convenient to control the value of the VERBOSE flag from the
cocoon.properties file, on a Mime basis, as in :-

	formatter.[type].verbose = false

I find the comment very handy sometimes, just to see if what I receive is
from the cache or not, I still find myself having to restart the server
often during XSLT debug cycles, as the update is not always picked up .....

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre