cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Steep on the XSL/XSP learning curve
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2000 09:28:50 GMT
At 16:11 -0400 04/06/00, Donald Ball wrote:
>On Sun, 4 Jun 2000, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>> Except when your browser checks the page first with a HEAD request, then
>> does a GET request. The parameter is not available for some reason when
>> responding to a HEAD request. See HEAD/GET Bug, Cocoon-Dev.
>>
>> Still trying to find a work around and a reason for this :(
>
>I just checked in a workaround for this - I added the HTTP method to the
>Utils.encode method so that HEAD and GET (and POST) methods are cached
>independently.

Excellent, it will certainly help

>See if that helps out. I don't _think_ this will break
>anything since I didn't see anything in the code that relies on the
>encoded string having a particular format, but I could be wrong.

I have never compiled Cocoon before =(
Can I do it without Java 1.2?

Has anyone out there managed to compile Cocoon under MacOS?

The build seems to require tools.jar, which is Java 1.2 right?

>Now as to why the querystring parameters aren't getting parsed when a HEAD
>request is received - I dunno. Seems like a problem with the servlet
>engine, honestly.

That is what I was beginning to think.

ie. request.getNamedParameters() failing during a HEAD request.

If this is the case, I am surprised no one found it before !?

thanks Donald

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre