cocoon-users mailing list archives

From rong <...@csee.umbc.edu>
Subject Re: SQL tag setup for Oracle
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 19:13:25 GMT
On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, SaiRam Mattancheril wrote:

> I think your ORACLE_SID should be alright -- in anycase Login to the unix box
> and type the command "echo $ORACLE_SID" and it should respond with GL.
>
> I assume that in your Java/JDBC/Oracle application (which you say works ) you
> are using the same driver and not oci8 or someother "non-thin" oracle driver.
> What is the error you are getting?

In my JAVA/JDBC/ORACLE application, i used the same driver(oracle815.jar),
which is JDBC thin driver for Oracle8.1.5. I use the same for cocoon
application.

The error of my sql.xml cocoon application is: I got a blank screen, but
that's ok since i don't apply a xslt on this page. However, when i look at
the source, i saw the following:

****

"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">
<page>
   <connectiondefs>
    <connection name="oracle_connection">
    <driver>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver>
    <dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@oracle.gl.umbc.edu:1521:GL</dburl>
    <username>ryu</username>
    <password>ryu</password>
    </connection>
  </connectiondefs>

  <query connection="oracle_connection">
    select * from shop
  </query>

</page>

<!-- This page was served in 71 milliseconds by Cocoon 1.7.4 -->

****

Instead, i should see something like:

****
<page>
 <ROWSET>
    <ROW id="0">
      <article>1</article>
      <dealer>A</dealer>
      <price>3.45</price>
    </ROW>
    <ROW id="1">
      <article>1</article>
      <dealer>B</dealer>
      <price>3.99</price>
    </ROW>
    <ROW id="2">
      <article>2</article>
      <dealer>A</dealer>
      <price>10.99</price>
    </ROW>
*****

This means SQL processor doesn't query into Oracle database.

> can try to help if i can get more specific information on the following
> 1) Cocoon's response to your SQL-XML -- r u getting a blank screen, are
> you getting a "printStackTrace"

What is "printStackTrace"?

>2) The classpath used by your working
> Java Application and the classpath used by TomCat/Cocoon

I believe they share the same classpath, i use "echo $CLASSPATH" to check
this.

>3) The names  and versions of the Oracle JDBC drivers you are using.
JDBC thin driver for Oracle8.1.5, oracle815.jar