cocoon-users mailing list archives

From rong <...@csee.umbc.edu>
Subject Re: SQL tag setup for Oracle
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:57:37 GMT
On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, SaiRam Mattancheril wrote:

> Rong,
>
> Works fine for me. I am using Oracle 8.0.5. Here is the "template" code
> which should work. If it still doesn't, maybe you can check if the
> oracle listener port is valid for your installation and also if the
> ORACLE_SID is valid. I am sure you would have already made sure that the
> Oracle drivers are there in your classpath.

Thanks Sai,

The Oracle drivers is already in my classpath, and i believe oracle
listener port is valid since i can run my java code to access Oracle db
through the port i specify. I don't know how to make sure ORACLE_SID is
valid. Can you be more specific? I am using Oracle on UNIX, i only
have access to sqlplus.

> ---------------------------------- Start of
> code------------------------------------
>

> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet version="1.0" href="sample.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
>
> <?cocoon-process type="sql"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
>
> <page>
>
> <title>
>  Query Processed by Cocoon
> </title>
>
>  <connectiondefs>
>   <connection name="foo_connection">
>    <driver>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver>
>    <dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx.xxx.xxx.com:1521:DB1</dburl>
>    <username>scott</username>
>    <password>tiger</password>
>   </connection>
>  </connectiondefs>
>
>  <query connection="foo_connection">
>   select cost from sample
>  </query>
>
> </page>

my code is exactly the same as yours, except <dburl> part, i use
<dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx.xxx.xxx.edu:1521:GL</dburl>
I assume that as long as this works for jdbc in my java code, it should
work for cocoon SQL processor, it is kind of strange to me that why it is
not working for cocoon SQL processor.

Thanks,

-Rong