cocoon-users mailing list archives

From rong <...@csee.umbc.edu>
Subject Re: SQL tag setup for Oracle
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 02:30:24 GMT

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Mark Washeim wrote:

> on 22/6/00 10:34 pm, rong at ryu@csee.umbc.edu wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have used SQL Processor to access MySQL sucessfully. However, i couldn't
> > access our Oracle database from cocoon. The setup is like following:
> >

> > <connectiondefs>
> > <connection name="oracle_connection">
> > <driver>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver>
> > <dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@oracle.gl.umbc.edu:1521:GL</dburl>
> > <username>***</username>
> > <password>***</password>
> > </connection>
> > </connectiondefs>
> >
> > I guess i might be that <dburl> information is not correct. Anyone has
> > used Oracle in cocoon? Thanks.
> >
> > -Rong

> I'm using Oracle 8i and the sql:taglib, working like a charm . . .

Mark, can you be more specific please? What do put between
The
oracle database and Cocoon reside on different host, does this affect how
should i specify <dburl>? I am using Tomcat3.1 and Cocoon1.7.4 on
SunOS5.6.

The way i setup for <dburl> is from the setup in my jdbc connection.
Should <dburl> be different from jdbc setup?

Thanks,

-Rong