cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Michele Bianchi <...@research.telcordia.com>
Subject RE: cocoon really an option
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:33:29 GMT
On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> [snip]
> > Worst case I could maybe write a Servlet that does the
> > > Session managment and uses Cocoon just for the display.
> > > But that would need this Servlet somehow function like
> > > a proxy... servlet chaining... don't know
> > You shouldn't have to write a 'proxy' servlet - you have full
> > access to the
> > servlet session api in your xsp pages. You can either wrap native java in
> > <xsp:logic> tags or in cocoon1.x use the session taglib.
>
> Haaaa!! That sound good to me!! ... Any documentation, links,
> samples       ... please?!

if can be useful, i did a special xml-tag (like <myns:login/>) that checks the
get/post parameter and/or the httpsession obj.  if the session in correct go
ahead, if not sendredirect to login-screen.xml page.  you can pass the local
page, so to go back after a sucessful login.

it's a very simple approach, i hadn't serious security problem.

now i'd like to investigate on producer and processor.  probably a producer can
do a good job of session control.  to the guru of the ml: any suggestion?

michele