cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Stack overflow problem
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:34:12 GMT
On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Ulrich Mayring wrote:

> Donald Ball wrote:
> >
> > you might try using james clark's xt processor instead and see if you
> > still get a stack overflow. you might also try rewriting your function as
> > a xalan extension function in java or javascript. finally, you might
> > submit a report to the xalan guys just in case it's doing something really
> > pathological.
>
> Hm, it's just a XSLT template that is used liberally in a stylesheet -
> it wouldn't make sense to rewrite a complex XSLT function in Java. After
> all, I wouldn't need XSLT/Xalan then, if I were to write everything in
> Java to begin with :-)

In the ideal world, you would not have to do any workarounds - however,
since you're experiencing a stack overflow with long strings, you need a
workaround. Again, I'd submit a report to the Xalan developers and either
try jclark's stuff or try an extension function as a _workaround_. you
might also post your template on the xsl users list to see if anyone can
see a useful optimization you could try.

- donald