cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Stack overflow problem
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 19:20:33 GMT
On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Ulrich Mayring wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm getting a stack overflow on one of my cocoon installations (Solaris,
> cocoon 1.7.5dev, JServ1.1, JDK1.2.2). On other installations (namely
> under Linux) I am not experiencing this problem.
>
> I found out that the problem lies in one of my stylesheets. I have a
> recursive <xsl:call-template> thing in there. It is called with a string
> like "foobar", does some stuff and then calls itself with "oobar", does
> some stuff and calls itself with "obar" and so on until the whole string
> is "used up".
>
> I found if I shorten the string, then I don't get the stack overflow.
> But, increasing the JVM's memory does not help - it is set to minimum 8
> MB and maximum 128 MB anyway.
>
> So, any suggestions how to go about this?

you might try using james clark's xt processor instead and see if you
still get a stack overflow. you might also try rewriting your function as
a xalan extension function in java or javascript. finally, you might
submit a report to the xalan guys just in case it's doing something really
pathological.

- donald