cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Admin tools for content editing (with Cocoon?)
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:57:20 GMT
On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Nicholas Hemley wrote:

> A very common scenario (if not a prerequisite!!) when building a
> commercial website is to have an admin tool for editing the info held in
> the database.
>
> ..Things get more complex when different user permissions are required
> to gain access to certain content...
>
> Has this issue been addressed by Cocoon? Has anybody implemented a user
> permissions scheme for content admin? Am i barking up the wrong tree
> here?

I'm writing a cocoon-based database editor that uses castor
(http://castor.exolab.org/) to do the heavy lifting. It _doesn't_ handle
some important things, like many-to-many relationships or per-table
permission checking, but they're on the way. I didn't get any feedback
from my alpha release so I haven't bothered to package it up in a while,
but I'll be happy to do so if you're interested.

- donald