cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Pete Farmer <p...@ubivis.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon - WAP - Nokia 7110
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2000 07:42:58 GMT
On Sat, 3 Jun 2000, Terry Paddy wrote:

> Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 12:55:49 +1200
> From: Terry Paddy <terry@rostersetc.com>
> To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
> Subject: Cocoon - WAP - Nokia 7110
>
> Hello, a quick question for cocoon/WAP developers.
>
> Have you been able to send cocoon created WAP to the actual 7110 phone via
> the NOKIA gateway? I have cocoon producing WAP on my development network,
> and via the Internet, to the Nokia WAP toolkit (1.3 Beta). The phone
> emulation is the Nokia 7110, and the gateway I use is WAPlite on my local
> machine. I then got hold of a real 7110 phone and it wont work.

Quick thought: are you appending a trailing slash "/" when you enter the
URL on the nokia?

> My Telecom company (Vodafone New Zealand) tell me they use the Nokia gateway
> on their network. The cocoon generated WML is arriving at the gateway, but
> not being accepted. I recall some posts (months ago) regarding a problem
> with the line

Another thing to watch: there seem to be a bug in the cache management on
the nokia. "Empty Cache" doesn't always work - don't know why. When your
nokia is in this state, reboot by removing the battery and replacing it.

> <!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN"
> "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml">
>
> being broken (LF/CR) at ... "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml">
>
> I am interested to know if this is an actual issue (or just a possibility)
> and if others have working cocoon WAP -> Nokia 7110 phones. It appears this
> is an issue with the 7110 phone and Nokia gateway.

Hey, btw, have you checked out Kannel's bitchen gateway? It's open source,
they guys writting it /really/ know what they're doing, and they're super
friendly and helpful.

Good luck! ...and feel free to contact us directly if you're still having
problems.
Pet Farmer