cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject Caching and reflecting configuration changes
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:42:10 GMT
Hi,

I know: this (and similar) questions have been asked again and again in this
list. But I didn't find any answer that really solved my problem. So here we
go again:

Environment: WindowsNT 4.0, Apache 1.3.12, Tomcat 4.1, Cocoon 1.7.4

1. Caching

I am currently developing an XSP-based tag library using an XSL file
containing this library. Changes to this file are not reflected if I reload
a page using this library in my browser.
Restarting the browser and emptying the cache doesn't help either.
Restarting Apache or restarting Tomcat only sometimes work.
Often I have to restart all of the above and also have to clean the
repository directory where the compiled pages go. And in some rare occasions
even this won't work.
I already turned of the caching of Cocoon in the properties file.
Where is the XSL file cached? And how can I clean the cache?

2. Configuration changes

When are configuration changes in the Cocoon.properties file deployed? Do I
have to restart everything again or are changes reflected automatically?

With kind regards,
Carsten Ziegeler

s&n AG               Tel.    : +49 (5251) 1581-49
netBank solutions    Fax     : +49 (5251) 1581-71
Klingenderstr. 5     Internet: http://www.SundN.de
D-33100 Paderborn    <mailto:CZiegeler@SundN.de>

...this mail was scanned for viruses by mailserver...