cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lisa van Gelder" <l...@wirestation.co.uk>
Subject RE: external entities in xsl
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:36:54 GMT
Thanks, but I still get an error message:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document following the root
element must be well-formed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Washeim [mailto:esalon@canuck.com]
Sent: 12 June 2000 15:24
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: external entities in xsl

on 12/6/00 4:12 pm, Lisa van Gelder at lisa@wirestation.co.uk wrote:

> Is there a way to reference external entities from within an xsl page? Or
is
> there another way of including outside files (xml files, not other xsl
> pages) within an <xsl:template>? I've tried defining the external entities
> in the dtd of the xml page that calls the template, but I just get a "The
> entity was referenced, but not declared" error message. It won't let me
> define the entities within the xsl page itself either. Any ideas?
>
> I've read through the archive and can't see any mention of this -
apologies
> if I've missed it!
>
> thanks

<!DOCTYPE stylesheet [
 <!ENTITY ads SYSTEM "ads.js">
 <!ENTITY js SYSTEM "shared.js">
]>

then

within a tag within the xsl . . .

you can even do this with xsl stylesheets included in other xsl stylesheets
. . . I also use this method to embed larger blocks of logic in xsp pages to
keep the java out of the xml . . . that is, I place class level methods and
member fields in a external entity and include them in a
<xsp:logic>&include;</xsp:logic>, way :)

> Lisa

Mark (Poetaster) Washeim

that await translation.

Quem colorem habet sapientia?'