cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Parry <d...@suranyami.com>
Subject Re: Nobody likes newbiis :(
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:51:59 GMT
on 23/6/00 8:41 am, sneigaard@dk.ibm.com at sneigaard@dk.ibm.com wrote:

> What is a xsp file, is it the same as an producer? Could you please give me
> a example of an xsp file, I cant seem to figure it out.

If you have a look at the documentation at:

    http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/xsp.html

there is a good description of XSP here.

XSP is a producer in itself, and by placing a <?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
instruction at the head of your XML page, and by sticking to certain
syntactic constraints (explained in the document above), then you can embed
Java (or JavaScript/Ecmascript, or potentially other languages) into your
XML pages.

It rocks!

As for an example of an XSP page, there are some good examples in the
distribution of cocoon, so even if you can't get it running, you can at
least have a look at how they're structured.

Getting cocoon up and running, however, is the best thing to do.

David Parry, Object Mangler

115 Highbury New Park, London N5 2HG
Radiophonic Voice Index: +44 7887 550 939
Digital paper facsimile: +44 870 168 9357

email: dayv@suranyami.com
web: http://www.suranyami.com