cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Washeim <esa...@canuck.com>
Subject Re: external entities in xsl
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:14:53 GMT
on 12/6/00 5:10 pm, Lisa van Gelder at lisa@wirestation.co.uk wrote:

> Actually the file I'm trying to include is valid xml. It seems to be choking
> on the <!DOCTYPE declaration itself, which I have just included at the top
> of my xsl page (under the usual xsl:stylesheet bit)
>
> Sorry if this is a stupid question but the "stylesheet" part of "<!DOCTYPE
> stylesheet [" - is this the stylesheet itself, the root element of the
> stylesheet or the root element of the page I'm trying to include?

Ok, I'm not sure why you would include the xml in the final output from the
xsl processing stage (which is what will happen, it will be in the output,
not processed) . . . but, the answer is:

<!DOCTYPE stylesheet [
 <!ENTITY ads SYSTEM "ads.js">
 <!ENTITY js SYSTEM "shared.js">
]>

The doctype (internal DTD, to be exact) must follow the xml declaration and
preceed the stylesheet element . . . the stylesheet is the document type you
are defining by virtue of the DTD (internal) . . .*

--
Mark (Poetaster) Washeim

that await translation.

Quem colorem habet sapientia?'