cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Washeim <esa...@canuck.com>
Subject Re: external entities in xsl
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:24:16 GMT
on 12/6/00 4:12 pm, Lisa van Gelder at lisa@wirestation.co.uk wrote:

> Is there a way to reference external entities from within an xsl page? Or is
> there another way of including outside files (xml files, not other xsl
> pages) within an <xsl:template>? I've tried defining the external entities
> in the dtd of the xml page that calls the template, but I just get a "The
> entity was referenced, but not declared" error message. It won't let me
> define the entities within the xsl page itself either. Any ideas?
>
> I've read through the archive and can't see any mention of this - apologies
> if I've missed it!
>
> thanks

<!DOCTYPE stylesheet [
 <!ENTITY ads SYSTEM "ads.js">
 <!ENTITY js SYSTEM "shared.js">
]>

then

within a tag within the xsl . . .

you can even do this with xsl stylesheets included in other xsl stylesheets
. . . I also use this method to embed larger blocks of logic in xsp pages to
keep the java out of the xml . . . that is, I place class level methods and
member fields in a external entity and include them in a
<xsp:logic>&include;</xsp:logic>, way :)