cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Parry <d...@suranyami.com>
Subject Re: Error when loading XSP pages: method normalize()V not found
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2000 00:03:59 GMT
on 9/6/00 11:57 pm, Diethelm Guallar, Gonzalo at Gonzalo.Diethelm@sonda.com
wrote:
> line, I get the following stack trace:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method normalize()V not found
> at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process
> (XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:87)

This almost constitutes an FAQ...

It's probably to do with the order that your CLASSPATH settings are set...
there is an older version of org.w3c.dom.* which is included in one of the
previous versions of JServ, which uses DOM version 1, and the newer versions
of Xalan (or is it Xerces... I can't remember), which uses DOM version 2...
very similar, but different enough to cause this drama...

The answer (at least in JServ) is to put the CLASSPATHs for cocoon before
the classpaths for Tomcat/Jserv (in order).

Is this right? (please correct me...)

David Parry, Object Mangler

115 Highbury New Park, London N5 2HG
Radiophonic Voice Index: +44 7887 550 939
Digital paper facsimile: +44 870 168 9357

email: dayv@suranyami.com
web: http://www.suranyami.com