cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: Unable to see Cocoon.xml
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2000 16:05:22 GMT
on 6/8/00 6:48 AM, Stefano Mazzocchi at stefano@apache.org wrote:

> I think this is addressed to me and, well, it hurts a little to know
> that, given that I wrote it to simplify installation and runtime
> checking...
>
> Mike, since we need to rewrite this for C2, do you have any idea on how
> to improve the thing? I'm all ears.
Sorry Stefano - I didn't mean to flip it off but the cocoon-users list is
rife with questions regarding not being able to get Cocoon.xml to work. I
personally have done fresh installs several times of different releases of
Cocoon where Cocoon.xml didn't work but everything else did.  Also, I was
getting frustrated with this thread...

As for improving this, since I started using Cocoon 6 months ago, I have
been envisioning much more than a flat startup status page but rather an
applet that hooks into both Cocoon and the servlet engine that has real-time
session information, number of current threads, and other "live" stats as
well as ways to change maybe cocoon.properties and some other things like
start/stop the server and/or servlet, etc.   I doubt this would make it into
C2 and as I haven't even built the a1 CVS yet, I don't know anything about
the status page but I would say just leave it if people think it's useful
but I hope to create my admin applet at some point as well.

??

mike