cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: Unable to see Cocoon.xml
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2000 18:12:10 GMT
on 6/7/00 12:51 PM, Udaypal R. Aarkoti at uaarkoti@techcontrol.com wrote:

> Hi Mike,
> i already tried this, i also tried to put the propeties file in
> /var/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/ROOT but it didnot work. I get the same error.
>
> I'm trying the change the path of the properties file throught the web.xml
> in cocoon/src/WEB-INF directory and then run the build.sh script. Is this
> the correct approach or is there another approach.
>
> After i build i'm copying the cocoon.jar into the tomcat/lib directory,
> again can i ask if this is the only change needed when you change the path?
>
> thank you

It doesn't matter where you build cocoon.jar.  Just build it in any
directory and then move it to tomcat/lib.

Then, in your root web directories WEB-INF/ directory, there needs to be 2
things, a cocoon.properties and a web.xml.   web.xml needs to have this:

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>
            cocoon
        </servlet-name>